2024 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic
Pirates & Parrots Ambassador Program
The Gasparilla Distance Classic Association (Association), established in 1978, is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to raising funds for not-for-profit youth charitable organizations and youth running related programs in the Tampa Bay area. The Association invites you to join our Pirates & Parrots Ambassador Team of passionate individuals working together to grow and enhance the 2024 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic (PGDC) Race Weekend Experience.
As a PGDC Pirates & Parrots Ambassador and a valued member of the Run Gasparilla family, you will engage with the running community and promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- identify with the Association’s not-for-profit mission of “building awareness and raising funds for youth charitable organizations and youth running related programs in the Tampa Bay Area,” •are familiar with and excited about promoting the 2024 PGDC Race Weekend,
- understand their primary role is to assist with cultivating and growing the PGDC running community,
- have demonstrable solid skills in one or more of the following areas: social media/blogging, content creation (video/photo), community outreach, group recruitment, involvement in running clubs or other health-focused social groups,
- are willing to utilize their public social media presence to promote the 2024 PGDC Race Weekend, including, but not limited to, registration information, race weekend logistics, merchandise, travel,
community, charitable giving, runner stories, facts and figures, volunteers, sponsors; and,
- are willing to interact with other Pirates & Parrots Ambassadors via regular video conference calls and an invite-only Facebook group.
Ambassadors will receive the following:
- a dedicated Ambassadors’ Team Registration Link
- a complimentary 2024 PGDC Race Entry,
- access to the 2024 VIP Finish Line Tent with five friends on Sunday
- exposure on PGDC social media channels,
- invitations to PGDC special events
Additional Pirates & Parrots Ambassador Information:
- Please note while we are looking for individuals with a substantial social media presence, we are also looking to build a diverse group of Ambassadors with complementary skill sets, such as content creation
(photography/videography), community outreach and promotional events planning.
- An Ambassador may not be affiliated with or own a for-profit running related business.
- An Ambassador may not work as an Ambassador with more than two (2) other races or brands.
- Ambassadors may not promote personal, political, or religious viewpoints on their public social media pages.
- Ambassadors will not be financially compensated in any way. The Association will not subsidize travel or lodging, reimburse expenses, or issue payment of any kind.
- Should an Ambassador act in a manner that’s contrary to the Association’s values, the Association reserves the right to terminate their status as an Ambassador.
- All 2024 PGDC Pirates & Parrots Ambassadors will receive a 2024 PGDC Race Weekend Media Kit containing all relevant event information, dates, graphics, etc.