2023 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend FAQs
2023 PUBLIX GASPARILLA DISTANCE CLASSIC RACE WEEKEND FAQS
When is the 2023 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic (PGDC) Race Weekend?
• Sat. & Sun., Feb. 25-26, 2023
What is the anticipated field size for the 2023 PGDC Race Weekend Events?
When 2023 PGDC Registration opens, the participation caps for each distance will be as follows:
– PGDC 15K – 5,500 – Michelob Ultra Challenge – 500
– PGDC 5K Run – 8,500 – Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge – 400
– PGDC Kashi 5K Walk – 1,000 – Stella Solstice Challenge – 400
– PGDC Kellog’s 5K Stroller Roll– 500 – Bud Light Lime Seltzer Challenge – 400
– Publix Gasparilla Half Marathon – 5,500
– Publix Gasparilla 8K – 4,500
• In November, if increasing participation caps are warranted, the association will review the numbers and increase accordingly.
In addition to the in-person 2023 PGDC Race Weekend events, will there be a virtual option?
We are not planning to offer a virtual option at this time.
What if I am injured and/or cannot run the event (family commitment, work obligation, etc.)? Can I get a refund, donate my entry or transfer my entry to someone else?
Sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events. All entry fees are non-refundable. An entry fee donation to GDCA would be welcome.
Why does the event not allow participants to defer their place and entry fee?
Our current policy in the event of a cancellation considers a participant’s financial commitment to the event, as well as the cost and the resources required to stage the PGDC Race Weekend. Planning and financial commitment for each year’s event begin well in advance of the registration window for the next event. Every dollar that is collected through registration is invested back into the event to help cover these expenses and to enhance the overall experience for our participants.
EVENT CANCELLATION BY THE GASPARILLA DISTANCE CLASSIC ASSOCIATION
If it is determined that the 2023 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend cannot take place for reasons outside the control of the Gasparilla Distance Classic Association, there will be NO postponement, NOR will the events convert to a virtual experience. If the 2023 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend Events are cancelled, registered participants can choose from two recovery options that consider a participant’s financial commitment to the event, as well as the cost and resources required to stage the Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend. Every dollar collected through registration fees is invested back into the event to help cover these expenses and to enhance the overall experience for our participants. Planning and financial commitment for each year’s event begin well in advance of the registration window for the next event.
The recovery options for 2023 PGDC registered participants are as follows:
• Receive a partial refund of 2023 PGDC entry; or
• Defer 2023 PGDC entry to the 2024 PGDC and receive a discount on their 2024 entry fee.
If the 2023 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend is cancelled on or before Sept. 30, 2022 registered participants will be offered:
• A 40% refund of their 2023 entry fee or a 50% discount on a deferred entry for a 2024 PGDC Race Weekend Event.
If the 2023 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend is cancelled between Oct. 1, 2022, and Dec. 31, 2022, registered participants will be offered:
• A 30% refund of their 2023 entry fee or a 40% discount on a deferred entry for a 2024 PGDC Race Weekend Event.
If the 2023 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend is cancelled between Jan. 1, 2023, and Feb. 14, 2023, registered participants will be offered:
• A 10% refund of their 2023 entry fee or a 20% discount on a deferred entry for a 2024 PGDC Classic Race Weekend Event.
What would prompt race organizers to cancel the 2023 event?
The 2023 PGDC Race Weekend could be cancelled for circumstances beyond the Gasparilla Distance Classic Association’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, war, epidemic, civil or political unrest, terrorism, or severe inclement weather conditions.
2023 REGSHIELD ENTRY FEE PROTECTION COVERAGE
PLEASE NOTE: RegShield Entry Fee Protection Coverage DOES NOT cover the following:
•If the participant does not attend the event because they are concerned about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) or are self-isolating without a positive COVID-19 test or other non-COVID-19 communicable diseases leading to quarantines or travel restrictions,
• Actual or perceived: war, hostilities, civil commotion, etc.,
• If event organizers cancel the race, or
• Processing fees associated with items (entry fee, ancillary products, etc.)
purchased during the application process.
For additional coverage details and prior to purchasing RegShield’s Coverage during 2023 PGDC Online Registration
** If a participant purchases the RegShield Coverage and is unable to participate, they must submit a claim in order to be eligible for a refund. The claims form will remain open for 60 days after the event. Claims are generally processed within 30 days of the submission. The claims process will be administered by Protecht.